Meet our founders
Our journey to this point ….
Neill Thew and Trevor Cousins are the Founding Directors of Cru Leader Development.
- Between us, we have more than 40 years’ experience in people development
- We have held senior management and leadership positions in commercial and public sector organisations
- We have successful track records in developing leaders and supporting people in making a lasting adaptive change across a range of industries including finance, higher education, engineering, mobile telecoms, property, public health, hospitality, creative industries, charity/not-for-profit, and heritage.
- We have been trained in Immunity to Change coaching by Prof. Robert Kegan and Dr. Lisa Lahey of Harvard University
- We have trained in Adaptive Leadership – we are graduates of the Art and Practice of Leadership Development programme at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government, led by Ronald Heifetz
- Neill holds an MLitt in English from the University of Oxford.
- Trevor holds an MA in European Management from Cranfield University, School of Management
Trevor loves travelling and boutique hotels; learning more about what makes him tick; dinner and good conversation; a great Netflix drama; playing Scrabble; a perfectly mixed Negroni and walking along the beach in Hove.
Clients describe Trev as genuine; insightful; empowering; optimistic; reflective; wise; grounded; trustworthy; innovative; and sensitively challenging.
Neill loves having six books on the go; cooking and feeding family and friends; exploring the world; any new Apple product and Japanese logic puzzles.
Clients describe Neill as one of the most inspirational people they have ever met; warm; empowering; creative; positive; big-hearted; widely read; knowledgeable and fun.